With the guidance of the CDC and the permission of our bishop, St. Philip’s has resumed gathering in a physical way.
We hold Sunday Eucharist at 8:15 and 10:15 a.m, and Wednesday Eucharist at 7 p.m. We're limited to 18 people per liturgy, and we’re unable to offer prayer books or multiuse programs.
We continue to livestream services on our Facebook page:
• Holy Eucharist — Sunday at 8:15 and 10:15 a.m., Wednesday at 7 p.m.
• Morning Prayer — Daily except Sunday at 8:30 a.m.
• Evening Prayer — Daily except Wednesday at 7 p.m.
You can view replays of the livestreams on our Sermons page.
Tenth Sunday After Pentecost, Proper 14A
August 29 2020
• AJ, Skylar, AnnaMarie, David, Eugene, José, Richard, John, Nona, April, Karen, Frank
• Mon., Aug. 10 – Laurence, deacon and martyr
• Tue., Aug. 11 – Claire, abbess
• Wed., Aug. 12 – Florence Nightingale, nurse
• Fri., Aug. 14 – Jonathan Myrick Daniels, martyr
• Sun., Aug. 9, 8:15 and 10:15 a.m. – Tenth Sunday After Pentecost
• Sun., Aug. 16, 8:15 and 10:15 a.m. – Eleventh Sunday After Pentecost. The Feast of Mary. Wear some blue. Bring some flowers to be blessed.
• Sun., Aug. 16, 11:30 a.m. – Vestry via Zoom
Ongoing Activities and Reminders
• Parish Directory Update – It’s time for the annual update of our parish directory. Have a new mailing address, phone number or email address? Send them to email@example.com.
• Back to School Drive With the United Way of Bucks County – We’re collecting backpacks, earbuds, hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes. Drop off donations at the church or the rectory.
• Top 100 Things We Love About St. Philip’s – To celebrate our 100th anniversary, we’ve assembled a list of the Top 100 Things We Love About St. Philip’s. Every week over a 12-week period, we’ll post eight or nine items on our Facebook page, progressively building our top-100 list. View the list as we build it at https://stphilipsnewhope.org/100-things/. In the fall, we’ll also produce a Top 100 Things 2021 calendar.
• Blessing Box – Our Blessing Box “micro food larder” is up and running. Spread the word! Donations of nonperishable food are always welcome. If anyone needs food, take it. Learn more at https://stphilipsnewhope.org/blessing-box/.
• Church support– Thank you for your support of the church both in prayer and financially.
• Church housekeeping – We need help cleaning the church and doing yardwork. It’s a great way to spend some quiet time in church.
• Supplies – We need of cleaning and disinfecting supplies.
• Altar flowers – Donations of altar flowers are welcome.
• Church garden – We always welcome donations of deer-resistant perennials for the parish yard.
• Liturgy – Become a reader, bake altar bread or contribute flowers. Sign up in the back of the church.
• Evangelism – Be an evangelist. Invite friends to view our services on Facebook.
• Communion Visit – Communion Visit has resumed. Contact Michael to schedule a visit.
• Food Pantry – Remember the hungry. Drop off nonperishable items for our micro food larder.
• Amazon Smile – When you buy from Amazon, log in to https://smile.amazon.com and benefit “St Philip’s Episcopal Church.”
• McCaffrey’s receipts – Bring in receipts from any McCaffrey’s market in Pennsylvania or New Jersey. St. Philip’s will receive a donation of 1% of the receipt amount.
• Online – Visit St. Philip’s on our website, Facebook and Instagram.
• Sunday at 8:15 and 10:15 a.m.
• Wednesday at 7 p.m.
• Daily at 8:30 a.m. except Sunday
• Daily at 7 p.m. except Wednesday