The Fourth Sunday After the Epiphany
Sunday, February 1, 2021
• Max, Kyle, David, Rob, AJ, Brent, AnnaMarie, John, José, Laurie, April, Frank, Rich, Annie, Art, Stephen, Rick, Allison
• Sun., Feb. 1 – Brigit, abbess
• Mon., Feb. 2 – Presentation of the Lord
• Tue., Feb. 3 – Anskar, bishop
• Sat., Feb. 6 – Martyrs of Japan
• Wed., Jan. 27 – Virtual visitation with the Bishop via Zoom. Whole community: 6 – 7 p.m. Vestry only: 7 – 8 p.m. See the Weekly Bulletin emailed to all parishioners for instructions on how to participate.
• Sun., Jan. 31, 8:15 and 10:15 a.m. – Fourth Sunday After the Epiphany. Indoor service, with a maximum of 10 people per Eucharist
• Wed., Feb. 3, 7 p.m. – Presentation Eucharist. Indoor service, with a maximum of 10 people per Eucharist
• Sun., Feb. 7, 8:15 and 10:15 a.m. – St. Blaise Blessing of Throats. Indoor service, with a maximum of 10 people per Eucharist
• Sun., Feb. 14, 8:15 and 10:15 a.m. – Last Sunday After the Epiphany. Indoor service, with a maximum of 10 people per Eucharist
• Wed., Feb. 17 – Ash Wednesday
8:30 a.m. – Morning Prayer
12 noon – Holy Eucharist (possibly outdoors)
7 p.m. – Holy Eucharist
Ashes and communion are also available throughout the day. Email Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time.
• Sun., Feb. 21, 8:15 and 10:15 a.m. – First Sunday in Lent. Indoor service, with a maximum of 10 people per Eucharist
• Sun., Feb. 21, 12 noon – Vestry via Zoom
• Virtual Visitation With Bishop Daniel – Bishop Daniel can’t make a physical visitation at this time, but he wants to meet with our church for a special virtual visitation by Zoom on Wed., Jan. 27, at 6 p.m. This will be a time of prayer and sharing with the bishop about our personal and communal walks of faith at St. Philip’s. I encourage all to participate in this hour-long discussion. See the Weekly Bulletin emailed to all parishioners for instructions on how to participate.
Ongoing Activities and Reminders
• Free the Girls – Throughout February, help liberate women from human trafficking by dropping off new or nearly new bras in the blue bin by the church door.
• Epiphany Bless-a-Thon – I hope to physically visit and bless every parishioner’s home in January. This outdoor, socially distant and safe event will take only a few minutes. Email email@example.com to schedule a visit.
• Online donations – St. Philip’s is now accepting online donations on our website at https://stphilipsnewhope.org/donate/. Thank you for your continued support of the church!
• Church support – Thank you for your continual prayer and financial support during these times. You can send donations by mail or online on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/SaintPhilipsChurchNewHope/ or our website at https://stphilipsnewhope.org/donate/.
• Caring for one another – How will you give hope to others? Check in with a community member through a call, a note or an email. You could bring joy to someone in darkness.
• Church housekeeping – We need help cleaning the church and doing yard work. It’s a great way to spend some quiet time in church.
• Supplies – We need of cleaning and disinfecting supplies.
• Altar flowers – Donations of altar flowers are welcome.
• Liturgy – Become a reader.
• Evangelism – Be an evangelist. Invite friends to view our services on Facebook.
• Communion visit – Communion Visit has resumed. Contact Michael to schedule a visit.
• Blessing Box – Our Blessing Box micro-larder is always open to take donations and help those in need. Suggested food items: Canned tuna, tomato sauce, rice, beans, potatoes, pasta, boxed raisins, protein and breakfast bars
• Amazon Smile – When you buy from Amazon, log in to https://smile.amazon.com and benefit “St Philip’s Episcopal Church.”
• McCaffrey’s receipts – Bring in receipts from any McCaffrey’s market in Pennsylvania or New Jersey. St. Philip’s will receive a donation of 1% of the receipt amount.
• Online – Visit St. Philip’s on our website, Facebook and Instagram.
We hold Sunday Eucharist at 8:15 and 10:15 a.m., and Wednesday Eucharist at 7 p.m. We’re currently limited to 10 people per Eucharist for in-person services. We live stream the following services on our Facebook page:
• Holy Eucharist — Sunday at 8:15 and 10:15 a.m., Wednesday at 7 p.m.
• Morning Prayer — Daily except Sunday at 8:30 a.m.
• Evening Prayer — Daily except Wednesday at 7 p.m.
You can view video recordings of the Sunday Eucharist on our Sermons page.
• Sunday at 8:15 and 10:15 a.m.
• Wednesday at 7 p.m.
• Daily at 8:30 a.m. except Sunday
• Daily at 7 p.m. except Wednesday