The Tenth Sunday After Pentecost
August 1, 2021
• El, Cody, Steve, Aaron, Matthew, AJ, John, Dan, José, April, Roger, Tom, Anne, Rich, Doug, Annie, Trevor, S.C., Y.Y., Anna-Helga (Repose of Soul)
• Sun., Aug. 1 – Joseph of Arimathea
• Mon., Aug. 2 – George Bragg Jr., priest
• Fri., Aug. 6 – The Transfiguration of the Lord
• Sat., Aug. 7 – John Mason Neale, priest
• Sun., Aug. 1, 8:15 and 10:15 a.m. – Tenth Sunday After Pentecost. Spirituality Series: Ignatian Spirituality
• Sun., Aug. 1, 9:15 a.m. – First-Sunday Potluck
• Wed., Aug. 4, 7 p.m. – Feast of the Transfiguration. Blessing of Fruit
• Sun., Aug. 8, 8:15 and 10:15 a.m. – Healing Eucharist. Guest preacher, the Rev. Cathy Kerr
• Sun., Aug. 15, 8:15 and 10:15 a.m. – Feast of Mary the Virgin. Wear some blue and bring some flowers to be blessed as we honor the Blessed Virgin Mary.
• Sun., Aug. 15, 9:15 a.m. – Spirituality Series: Forum on Marian Spirituality
• Sun., Aug. 22, 8:15 and 10:15 a.m. – Thirteenth Sunday After Pentecost
• Sun., Aug. 22, 9:15 a.m. – Vestry Town Hall
• Sun., Aug. 29, 8:15 and 10:15 a.m. – Fourteenth Sunday After Pentecost. Spirituality Series: Augustinian Spirituality. Guest preacher, Augustinian priest Joseph Menna
• Folder Collection for The Simple Way – Once again we’re collecting two-pocket folders for The Simple Way community to give to schoolchildren in Kensington. Bring some folders to church between now and August 15.
Ongoing Activities and Reminders
• Adult Forum – Sundays at 9:15 a.m. An 0ld-fashioned Bible study of the Sunday gospel.
• 100for100 Fund – Celebrating our 100th anniversary also requires preparing for the future. Our new “100for100 Fund” will help strengthen our endowment. Consider giving this year in some form of 100: $1.00, $10.00, $100, $1,000. Every gift has value, and no gift is too small. We are all called to prepare St. Philip’s for the future.
• Church support – Thank you for your continual prayer and financial support during these times. You can send donations by mail or online on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/SaintPhilipsChurchNewHope/ or our website at https://stphilipsnewhope.org/donate/.
• Church housekeeping – We need help cleaning the church and doing yard work. A signup sheet is on the bulletin board.
• Altar flowers – Donations of altar flowers are welcome.
• Liturgy – Become a reader.
• Evangelism – Be an evangelist. Invite friends to view our services on Facebook.
• Blessing Box – Our Blessing Box micro-larder is always open to take donations and help those in need. Suggested food items: Canned tuna, tomato sauce, rice, beans, potatoes, pasta, boxed raisins, protein and breakfast bars
• Amazon Smile – When you buy from Amazon, log in to https://smile.amazon.com and benefit “St Philip’s Episcopal Church.”
• McCaffrey’s receipts – Bring in receipts from any McCaffrey’s market in Pennsylvania or New Jersey. St. Philip’s will receive a donation of 1% of the receipt amount.
• Online – Visit St. Philip’s on our website, Facebook and Instagram.
We hold Sunday Eucharist at 8:15 and 10:15 a.m., and Wednesday Eucharist at 7 p.m. Services take place outdoors with masks and social distancing, weather permitting, or indoors with a limit of 19 people per service. We live stream the following services on our Facebook page:
• Holy Eucharist — Sunday at 8:15 and 10:15 a.m., Wednesday at 7 p.m.
• Morning Prayer — Daily except Sunday at 8:30 a.m.
• Evening Prayer — Daily except Wednesday at 7 p.m.
You can view video recordings of the Sunday Eucharist on our Sermons page.
• Sunday at 8:15 and 10:15 a.m.
• Wednesday at 7 p.m.
• Daily at 8:30 a.m. except Sunday
• Daily at 7 p.m. except Wednesday