The Tenth Sunday After Pentecost
August 14, 2022
• John, April, Trevor, Lisa, Kathleen, Scott, Tom, Julie, Joy, Penny, Laricia, Chris, Barrett, Stephen, Amanda, Robert, Liz, George, Joan, Barbara, David, Julie, Lee (Repose of Soul)
• Mon., Aug. 15, Mary the Virgin
• Thu., Aug. 18, William Dubose, priest
• Sat., Aug. 20, Bernard, monk
• Sun., Aug. 14, 9 a.m. – Contemplative (Quiet) Eucharist. Mass-on-the-Grass outdoor service
• Sun., Aug. 14, 10:15 a.m. – Adult Forum: St. Philip’s 101. “Evangelism: How Do We Share the Gospel?”
• Sun., Aug. 21, 9 a.m. – Feast of the Virgin Mary. Wear some blue in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Guest preacher: Kristen Ostendorf, Seminarian and The Clare Project
• Sun., Aug. 21, 10:15 a.m. – Vestry
• Sun., Aug. 21, 2 - 3:30 p.m. – Introduction, “Education for Ministry,” Trinity Buckingham
• Sun., Aug. 28, 9 a.m. – Priest-swap Sunday. The Rev. Hilary Greer from St. Andrew’s Yardley, followed by a chat with Hilary. Michael will be heading down to Yardley.
• Sun., Sep. 4, 9 a.m. – Thirteenth Sunday After Pentecost
• Sun., Sep. 4, 10:15 a.m. – Last First-Sunday Potluck of the Summer: “Best Recipe of Corona-tide”
• Sun., Sep. 4, 5 p.m. – St. Philip’s Concert Series: Tom Goss, nationally renowned folk musician
• Sun., Sep. 4 – St. Philip’s Art Exhibition begins
• Sun., Sep. 11, 9 a.m. – Praying the Daily Office, plus the Great Prayer Book Giveaway
Ongoing Activities and Reminders
• The Clare Project – The Clare Project is a street ministry helping those in need in the Kensington area of Philadelphia. We’ll collect for this ministry till August 21. Needs include Nutri-Grain bars, cheese and crackers, beef jerky, travel-size toiletries, baby wipes, white tube socks, condoms, disposable razors, and feminine products.
• Adult Forum – Sundays at 10:15 a.m.: “St. Philip’s 101.”
• Church housekeeping – We need help cleaning the church each week.
• Liturgy – We need readers for Sunday Eucharist.
• Coffee Hour – Consider helping with Coffee Hour by bringing some light snacks or making coffee.
• Altar flowers – Donations of altar flowers are welcome.
• Church support – Thank you for your continual prayer and financial support during these times. You can send donations by mail or online on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/SaintPhilipsChurchNewHope/ or our website at https://stphilipsnewhope.org/donate/. Your continual generosity is amazing and humbling.
• Evangelism – Be an evangelist. Invite friends to view our services on Facebook.
• Blessing Box – Our Blessing Box micro-larder is always open to take donations and help those in need. Suggested food items: Canned tuna, tomato sauce, rice, beans, instant potatoes, pasta, boxed raisins, protein and breakfast bars
• Amazon Smile – When you buy from Amazon, log in to https://smile.amazon.com and benefit “St Philip’s Episcopal Church.”
• McCaffrey’s receipts – Bring in receipts from any McCaffrey’s market in Pennsylvania or New Jersey. St. Philip’s will receive a donation of 1% of the receipt amount.
• Online – Visit St. Philip’s on our website, Facebook and Instagram.
During the summer, we hold Sunday Eucharist at 9 a.m. and Wednesday Eucharist at 7 p.m. Twice a month the Sunday service is offered outdoors. We live stream the following services on our Facebook page:
• Holy Eucharist — Sunday at 9 a.m., Wednesday at 7 p.m.
• Morning Prayer — Daily except Sunday at 8:30 a.m.
• Evening Prayer — Daily except Wednesday at 7 p.m.
You can view the videos on Facebook even if you aren’t a Facebook member. Learn how on our Sermons page.
Summer Worship Schedule
• Sunday at 9 a.m.
• Wednesday at 7 p.m.
• Daily at 8:30 a.m. except Sunday
• Daily at 7 p.m. except Wednesday