The Second Sunday After the Epiphany
January 16, 2021
• Marie, Matthew, AJ, John, Phyllis, April, Trevor, Rich, Ryan, Lou, Jean, Kathleen, Scott, Sue, Teagan, Kiera
• Mon., Jan. 17 – Antony, abbot
• Tue., Jan. 18 – Confession of St. Peter
• Wed., Jan. 19 – Wulstan, bishop
• Thu., Jan. 20 – Fabian, bishop and martyr
• Fri., Jan. 21 – Anges, martyr
• Sat., Jan. 22 – Vincent, deacon and martyr
• Sun., Jan. 16, 8:15 and 10:15 a.m. – Second Sunday After the Epiphany
• Sun., Jan. 16, 11:30 a.m. – Vestry
• Sun., Jan. 23, 8:15 and 10:15 a.m. – Healing Eucharist
• Thu., Jan. 27, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Volunteer event at the HELP Center in Bristol, Pa.
• Sun., Jan. 30, 8:15 and 10:15 a.m. – Fourth Sunday After the Epiphany
• Wed., Feb. 2, 7 p.m. – The Feast of the Presentation. Blessing of Candles
• Sun., Feb. 6, 8:15 and 10:15 a.m. – St. Blaise Blessing of Throats
• Sun., Feb. 13, 8:15 and 10:15 a.m. – Feast of Absalom Jones. For Super Bowl Sunday, bring something for the pantry.
• Free the Girls – February is Free the Girls month. Bring in new or gently used bras to help women escape human trafficking and prostitution.
• Holy Book Giveaway – Stop by the church anytime in January to check out a wide assortment of spiritual books that need a new home. Your religious formation doesn’t end at confirmation but continues throughout your life.
Ongoing Activities and Reminders
• House Blessings – Ephiphanytide is the season of house blessings. Contact Michael if you’d like your home or business blessed.
• Adult Forum – Sundays at 9:15 a.m. Bible study of the Gospel of Luke
• Coffee Hour – Consider helping with Coffee Hour after the 8:15 a.m. service by bringing some light snacks or making coffee.
• Altar flowers – Donations of altar flowers are welcome.
• Liturgy – We can always use readers at Sunday Eucharist.
• Church housekeeping – We need help cleaning the church each week.
• 100for100 Fund – Celebrating our 100th anniversary also requires preparing for the future. Our new “100for100 Fund” will help strengthen our endowment fund. Consider giving this year in some form of 100: $1.00, $10.00, $100, $1,000. Every gift has value, and no gift is too small.
• Church support – Thank you for your continual prayer and financial support during these times. You can send donations by mail or online on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/SaintPhilipsChurchNewHope/ or our website at https://stphilipsnewhope.org/donate/. Your continual generosity is amazing and humbling.
• Evangelism – Be an evangelist. Invite friends to view our services on Facebook.
• Blessing Box – Our Blessing Box micro-larder is always open to take donations and help those in need. Suggested food items: Canned tuna, tomato sauce, rice, beans, instant potatoes, pasta, boxed raisins, protein and breakfast bars
• Amazon Smile – When you buy from Amazon, log in to https://smile.amazon.com and benefit “St Philip’s Episcopal Church.”
• McCaffrey’s receipts – Bring in receipts from any McCaffrey’s market in Pennsylvania or New Jersey. St. Philip’s will receive a donation of 1% of the receipt amount.
• Online – Visit St. Philip’s on our website, Facebook and Instagram.
We hold Sunday Eucharist at 8:15 and 10:15 a.m., and Wednesday Eucharist at 7 p.m. Services take place outdoors with social distancing, weather permitting, or indoors with masks required. We live stream the following services on our Facebook page:
• Holy Eucharist — Sunday at 8:15 and 10:15 a.m., Wednesday at 7 p.m.
• Morning Prayer — Daily except Sunday at 8:30 a.m.
• Evening Prayer — Daily except Wednesday at 7 p.m.
You can view video recordings of the Sunday Eucharist on our Sermons page.
• Sunday at 8:15 and 10:15 a.m.
• Wednesday at 7 p.m.
• Daily at 8:30 a.m. except Sunday
• Daily at 7 p.m. except Wednesday