The Third Sunday After Pentecost
June 13, 2021
• AJ, John, José, April, Roger, Tom, Anne, Bob, Grace, Rich, Doug, Annie, Dan, Paul
• Mon., Jun. 14 – Basil, bishop
• Tue., Jun. 15 – Evelyn Underhill, writer
• Wed., Jun. 16 – Joseph Butler, bishop
• Sat., Jun. 19 – Bernard Mizeki, martyr
• Sun., Jun. 13, 8:15 and 10:15 a.m. – Third Sunday after Pentecost
• Sun., Jun. 13 – St. Philip’s is the Church of the Week for the Diocese of Pennsylvania. Be present to welcome the diocese to New Hope.
• Sun., Jun. 20, 8:15 and 10:15 a.m. – Fourth Sunday after Pentecost
• Sun., Jun. 20, 9:15 a.m. – Vestry Town Hall. All are welcome to lean how the church is run and share your dreams for the future. Please take time this summer to be part of these discussions.
• Sun., Jun. 27, 8:15 and 10:15 a.m. – Fifth Sunday after Pentecost
• Sat., Jul. 3, 11 a.m. – Funeral Eucharist for Jane King
• Sun., Jul. 4, 8:15 and 10:15 a.m. – Sixth Sunday after Pentecost
• Sun., Jul. 4, 9:15 a.m. – First-Sunday Potluck
• Sun., Jul. 11, 8:15 and 10:15 a.m. – Feast of St. Benedict
• Sun., Jul. 11, 9:15 a.m. – Forum on Benedictine spirituality
• Coffee Hour – Coffee hour returns Jun. 13 following the 8:15 Eucharist.
Ongoing Activities and Reminders
• Adult Forum – Adult Forum has returned Sundays at 9:15 a.m. We’re doing an old-fashioned Bible study of the Sunday gospel.
• 100for100 Fund – Celebrating our 100th anniversary also requires preparing for the future. Our new “100for100 Fund” will help strengthen our endowment. Consider giving this year in some form of 100: $1.00, $10.00, $100, $1,000. Every gift has value, and no gift is too small.
• Church support – Thank you for your continual prayer and financial support during these times. You can send donations by mail or online on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/SaintPhilipsChurchNewHope/ or our website at https://stphilipsnewhope.org/donate/.
• Church housekeeping – We need help cleaning the church and doing yard work. A signup sheet is on the bulletin board.
• Deer-resistant plants – We’re always looking for deer-resistant annuals and perennials to beautify the churchyard. Thanks for helping make our church a place of hospitality.
• Altar flowers – Donations of altar flowers are welcome.
• Liturgy – Become a reader.
• Evangelism – Be an evangelist. Invite friends to view our services on Facebook.
• Communion visit – Communion Visit has resumed. Contact Michael to schedule a visit.
• Blessing Box – Our Blessing Box micro-larder is always open to take donations and help those in need. Suggested food items: Canned tuna, tomato sauce, rice, beans, potatoes, pasta, boxed raisins, protein and breakfast bars
• Amazon Smile – When you buy from Amazon, log in to https://smile.amazon.com and benefit “St Philip’s Episcopal Church.”
• McCaffrey’s receipts – Bring in receipts from any McCaffrey’s market in Pennsylvania or New Jersey. St. Philip’s will receive a donation of 1% of the receipt amount.
• Online – Visit St. Philip’s on our website, Facebook and Instagram.
We hold Sunday Eucharist at 8:15 and 10:15 a.m., and Wednesday Eucharist at 7 p.m. Services take place outdoors with masks and social distancing, weather permitting, or indoors with a limit of 19 people per service. We live stream the following services on our Facebook page:
• Holy Eucharist — Sunday at 8:15 and 10:15 a.m., Wednesday at 7 p.m.
• Morning Prayer — Daily except Sunday at 8:30 a.m.
• Evening Prayer — Daily except Wednesday at 7 p.m.
You can view video recordings of the Sunday Eucharist on our Sermons page.
• Sunday at 8:15 and 10:15 a.m.
• Wednesday at 7 p.m.
• Daily at 8:30 a.m. except Sunday
• Daily at 7 p.m. except Wednesday