Because faith isn’t limited to one day a week, here are some resources you can turn to 24/7. Many come from the Episcopal tradition; others, from the wisdom of other traditions. We hope that they challenge, inform and inspire you as much as they have us.
Members of St. Philip’s have found the books listed here valuable to their spiritual lives. Have a book you’d like to recommend? Talk to us.
- Christianity for the Rest of Us: How the Neighborhood Church Is Transforming the Faith
Diana Butler Bass
- The Heart of Christianity: Rediscovering the Life of Faith
Marcus J. Borg
- Take This Bread: A Radical Conversion
- Why Did Jesus, Moses, the Buddha, and Mohammed Cross the Road?
- Brian D. McLaren
Michael Ruk has suggested these devotional works. Contact him if you’d like more information.
- Common Prayer–A Liturgy for Ordinary Radicals
- Lauds and Vespers-Camaldolese Monks
- A New Zealand Prayer Book
- Common Worship-Services and Prayers for the Church of England
- The Glenstal Book of Daily Prayer
- Universal Wisdom by Bede Griffith
Interested in learning more about the Episcopal church? These links may help.
- Book of Common Prayer
The complete Book of Common Prayer, online
- Around One Table
Good background on Episcopal identity and mission
- Explore the Episcopal Church
May be of particular interest to newcomers
- Laudato si
The encyclical from Pope Francis issued in June 2015
Learn more about St. Philip’s as a faith community.